Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

Thread Closed 
FE GOLD - Double Standards
02-15-2010, 06:00 PM
FE GOLD - Double Standards
Whats the difference between someone making a thread titled Gayboy and a different poster calling some gay within the thread?
Before you answer:-

homophobia
–noun
unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

Is simply calling someone gay with nothing else attached apply to the above? I highly doubt it does, do you think someone like Alan Carr would be offended if you said he was a gay boy?

You cant discriminate between the 2, either both are homophobic or neither are.
Except of course when 1 of the mods has an agenda against 1 of the posters and not the other.

Double standards? I think so.

P.S Ryan if that post was about me in the staff room i would like to hear whats being said thank you

Have some balls MC, or havent you got any
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
RE: Double Standards
Very simple - your posts offended people - which resulted in a number of complaints - which resulted in a warning.

Its not a democracy lad, stop being argumentative, winding people up continuously and nobody will have a problem with you.

You know the score, you've been banned elsewhere.

I dont have an agenda against you, I openly think you're a prick. I'm not hiding behind any fascade. I've told you, if it was solely up to me you'd be a goner.

NSNO - No Sale, No Optimism
02-15-2010, 06:33 PM
(02-15-2010 06:18 PM)MichaelCorleone Wrote:  Very simple - your posts offended people - which resulted in a number of complaints - which resulted in a warning.

Its not a democracy lad, stop being argumentative, winding people up continuously and nobody will have a problem with you.

You know the score, you've been banned elsewhere.

I dont have an agenda against you, I openly think you're a prick. I'm not hiding behind any fascade. I've told you, if it was solely up to me you'd be a goner.

Utter bull lad.

Come on people grow a pair and tell me what you were offended by and why MIG (nothing against you mate) post doesnt not offend you as well?
02-15-2010, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2010 07:03 PM by SEFTON.)
(02-15-2010 06:00 PM)HalewoodBlue Wrote:  Whats the difference between someone making a thread titled Gayboy and a different poster calling some gay within the thread?
Before you answer:-

homophobia
–noun
unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

Is simply calling someone gay with nothing else attached apply to the above? I highly doubt it does, do you think someone like Alan Carr would be offended if you said he was a gay boy?

You cant discriminate between the 2, either both are homophobic or neither are.
Except of course when 1 of the mods has an agenda against 1 of the posters and not the other.
Double standards? I think so.

P.S Ryan if that post was about me in the staff room i would like to hear whats being said thank you

Have some balls MC, or havent you got any

first of all HB, its was me who made the complaint to MC,i requested the article to be removed not because am against gays or homophobics but because i know MC didn't want to be accused of moving posts or articles himself i told MC the article didn't serve a purpose other that to knock a member of the moderating team this in its self should have been enough to remove it, as it only represents the forum in bad taste,we are a football forum and over the last six months certain members have forgotten that,the site has been treated like a second class bebo site, members argueing amongst themselfs leading to other members leaving,
as a new member HB you have managed to upset or fall out with the majority of members on this site,is it because you are totally arguementitive or you really couldn't give a sh!t about anyone? cause if thats the case don't post on here any more ,your an intelegent lad who can bring good contribution to the board with out upsetting everyone

their's other members on here that have road there luck as well,cahilwilsaveus you are as much to blame as any for changing the format of the forum with your immaturity and stupid comments, like many members who have been on here along time i have posted very little, because its like living with a younger brother who wants to consistantly get all the attention.

i have singled out HB for being arguementitive,and cahilwilsaveus for being the most immature and stupid poster who likes nothing better than to insult other members,its got to stop..........

ojl, as a moderator i think your easy influenced by other members, you are still only a young lad so exception can be made, but i do believe the moderators have sat on their hands a while now and allowed this site to deteriate, language is so bad i wouldn't be surprised if any newbie is put off joining ,most of us are to blame for this because other members have made us angry but it shouldn't happen.

moderator's you have got to get a grip or be responsible for the site going down the river.

sorry, if ive offended anyone i felt some one has to speak out to say something before its too late.Thumb

WHEN I'M DEAD AND BURIED I WANT A SKY DISH FIXED TO MY HEADSTONE SO I CAN FOLLOW THE MIGHTY BLUES (EFC)
02-15-2010, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2010 07:22 PM by HalewoodBlue.)
(02-15-2010 07:00 PM)SEFTON Wrote:  first of all HB, its was me who made the complaint to MC,i requested the article to be removed not because am against gays or homophobics but because i know MC didn't want to be accused of moving posts or articles himself i told MC the article didn't serve a purpose other that to knock a member of the moderating team this in its self should have been enough to remove it, as it only represents the forum in bad taste,we are a football forum and over the last six months certain members have forgotten that,the site has been treated like a second class bebo site, members argueing amongst themselfs leading to other members leaving,
as a new member HB you have managed to upset or fall out with the majority of members on this site,is it because you are totally arguementitive or you really couldn't give a sh!t about anyone? cause if thats the case don't post on here any more ,your an intelegent lad who can bring good contribution to the board with out upsetting everyone

their's other members on here that have road there luck as well,cahilwilsaveus you are as much to blame as any for changing the format of the forum with your immaturity and stupid comments, like many members who have been on here along time i have posted very little, because its like living with a younger brother who wants to consistantly get all the attention.

i have singled out HB for being arguementitive,and cahilwilsaveus for being the most immature and stupid poster who likes nothing better than to insult other members,its got to stop..........

ojl, as a moderator i think your easy influenced by other members, you are still only a young lad so exception can be made, but i do believe the moderators have sat on their hands a while now and allowed this site to deteriate, language is so bad i wouldn't be surprised if any newbie is put off joining ,most of us are to blame for this because other members have made us angry but it shouldn't happen.

moderator's you have got to get a grip or be responsible for the site going down the river.

sorry, if ive offended anyone i felt some one has to speak out to say something before its too late.Thumb

1st i would like to say thank you for actually having the balls to speak out properly instead of going behind my back.

Now onto the important bits Sef, i dont believe anyone especially a mod should be beyond getting knocked if they are acting in a behaviour that is unbecoming.
MC along with a few others have acted like a tit for the last couple of weeks Sef resorting to personal insults (to which i replied with the same unfortunately) which i am simply not prepared to take lightly for just me having an opinion.
This culminated today Sef in the mod named changing my sub name to derogatory remark about myself. Is this the actions a mod should be taking mate? I believe not. You do know in the warning, its described as homophobic comments dont you?
Am i homophobic for that remark despite another poster posting something similar later in the thread? I think not.
I think CWSU gets a lot of sh*t for nothing, yes he can be childish at times (i dont know how old he is) but i believe most of posting is in good humour and he is certainly not the worst on here.
You singled out me sef, well it takes 2 to tango and you will find in the majority of cases the other member starts the abuse 1st, is he your mate or something?
Why have a go at OJL? I had actually forgotten Ryan and MC were mods as they seem to do f*** all, with OJL doing all the work so aim your abuse at others and not the guy doing all the work.
Finally we do need to cut out most of the insults but it takes more than one person to do that, REMEMBER its a forum where people are posting genuine opinions, they shouldnt have to take personal abuse and bringing there Everton loyalty in to question. If you dont like what you read, either reply with an opinion of your own without insults or if you cant do that then you know where the 'X' is, no one is forcing you to read and stay on here
02-15-2010, 07:29 PM
That's it. I've taken enough sh*t from some pompous twts on here!!! I respect you sef and a couple of others e.g. MC, 1878, SoS etc....but if you want to return to your gentlemen club ways they hey, enjoy!!! I have never disrespected anyone on here. I have been called everything under the sun and gotten on with it. So fck you, and fck the rest of you who don't like me. I don't give a toss!!!
Oh and btw, whatever you all say about HB at least he has the balls to stand up for himself and argues his corner. But it looks like if you have your own opinions that is something which is not welcome!!!
Taraaa

EFC, you are my love, my life, my everything!!!!
02-15-2010, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2010 07:57 PM by Mein blut ist blau.)
(02-15-2010 07:29 PM)cahillwilsaveus Wrote:  That's it. I've taken enough sh*t from some pompous twts on here!!! I respect you sef and a couple of others e.g. MC, 1878, SoS etc....but if you want to return to your gentlemen club ways they hey, enjoy!!! I have never disrespected anyone on here. I have been called everything under the sun and gotten on with it. So fck you, and fck the rest of you who don't like me. I don't give a toss!!!
Oh and btw, whatever you all say about HB at least he has the balls to stand up for himself and argues his corner. But it looks like if you have your own opinions that is something which is not welcome!!!
Taraaa

In fairness to CW he has taken a lot of shite.....and he has done so in a good nature. Christ knows if it was me,I'd have had a stroke by now.

CW. There's havin' an opinion,and there's "wumming" for the sake of it. It's easy to do,I'm more than capable of it meself,but I don't do it every bleedin' day,and I don't annoy people for the sake of it. You don't fall into the WUM category mate. In fact,I find some of your posts most amusin' whether you've meant it or not.

I got sick of havin' to explain meself the other week,but then I thought "Why the f*** should I leave......for lookin' after meself and not allowin' people to lord it over others as well as meself?

Maybe I have reacted strongly,but I've reacted with the same sort of purpose as I would if it were an argument face-to-face. I'm not gonna have someone constantly turn the key in me back simply because they know they'll get that reaction,without expressin my distaste/anger..........I don't care if anyone finds that intimidatory,that's who I am.

But I'm not gonna be pontificated to and idly watch as others have their cases dismissed out of hand,and watch while somebody says their argument is the right one all the time when even that person knows the only reason they're doin' it is to annoy people. It's a forum.......it's not someone's personal blogspot.

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/
02-15-2010, 08:03 PM
(02-15-2010 07:21 PM)HalewoodBlue Wrote:  
(02-15-2010 07:00 PM)SEFTON Wrote:  first of all HB, its was me who made the complaint to MC,i requested the article to be removed not because am against gays or homophobics but because i know MC didn't want to be accused of moving posts or articles himself i told MC the article didn't serve a purpose other that to knock a member of the moderating team this in its self should have been enough to remove it, as it only represents the forum in bad taste,we are a football forum and over the last six months certain members have forgotten that,the site has been treated like a second class bebo site, members argueing amongst themselfs leading to other members leaving,

1st i would like to say thank you for actually having the balls to speak out properly instead of going behind my back.

Now onto the important bits Sef, i dont believe anyone especially a mod should be beyond getting knocked if they are acting in a behaviour that is unbecoming.
MC along with a few others have acted like a tit for the last couple of weeks Sef resorting to personal insults (to which i replied with the same unfortunately) which i am simply not prepared to take lightly for just me having an opinion.
This culminated today Sef in the mod named changing my sub name to derogatory remark about myself. Is this the actions a mod should be taking mate? I believe not. You do know in the warning, its described as homophobic comments dont you?
Am i homophobic for that remark despite another poster posting something similar later in the thread? I think not.
I think CWSU gets a lot of sh*t for nothing, yes he can be childish at times (i dont know how old he is) but i believe most of posting is in good humour and he is certainly not the worst on here.
You singled out me sef, well it takes 2 to tango and you will find in the majority of cases the other member starts the abuse 1st, is he your mate or something?
Why have a go at OJL? I had actually forgotten Ryan and MC were mods as they seem to do f*** all, with OJL doing all the work so aim your abuse at others and not the guy doing all the work.
Finally we do need to cut out most of the insults but it takes more than one person to do that, REMEMBER its a forum where people are posting genuine opinions, they shouldnt have to take personal abuse and bringing there Everton loyalty in to question. If you dont like what you read, either reply with an opinion of your own without insults or if you cant do that then you know where the 'X' is, no one is forcing you to read and stay on here

Evening HB,

i understand where you are coming from, MC has to take responsibilty for making derogatory remarks against you ,it shouldn't be allowed to continue,this is why i said ojl is far too young to deal with these situations,a moderator should have brought this to an end before it esculated into a war of words, a moderator should never allow personal comments to draw himself into an arguement with a member but we have all done and said things in the heat of the moment,i have no personal favouring with MC,INFACT WE HAVE HARDLY EVER COMMUNICATED IN ALL THE TIME WE HAVE BEEN ON HERE UNTIL TODAY,i also have no axe to grind with ojl,except to say i believe hes too young as a moderator, the whole concept of my complaining about whats going on this board is simple we
can't have a conversation or an opinion with out some one turning the article into abuse or an arguement which then turns into personal insults,yes i can go else where to talk anything everton fc,but i won't,that doesn't mean to say i have to put up with all this falling out and kidology,some one has to draw a line,as for cahilwilsaveus i believe he too is a young lad (but don't quote me) thats no excuse for some of the comments hes made,i don't have any favourings or personal vendetors for or against anyone on this board i believe we are all entitled to our own opinions with out being drawn into personal issues

ryan as you put it (you didn't know was a mod) hes not, but the forum is his design and idea so you can say hes the boss, as i said HB, don't take offence i say what i have to say and likewise.Thumb

WHEN I'M DEAD AND BURIED I WANT A SKY DISH FIXED TO MY HEADSTONE SO I CAN FOLLOW THE MIGHTY BLUES (EFC)
02-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Bloody hell there's gonna be a full scale riot on here soon

[Image: duncan-1.png]
"Stay at this club as long as you can because there is only one way after leaving this club, and that is down."
02-15-2010, 08:08 PM
I agree with you sefton 100 per cent and thats all I am going to say
Thread Closed