Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

FE GOLD - What position do/did you play in Football
05-16-2008, 10:15 AM
FFE FE GOLD - What position do/did you play in Football
Just pondering a bit. But as there's a few of us now on this site I wondred if we could , with all our natural born skills , be able to muster a decent Football side amongst us. I'm not saying actually play , (I'm a little over the hill for that ) but I wonder if we could fill a straight 4-4-2 formation amongst us. Obviously all of us want to be centre forwards but which positions have we filled in the past????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2008, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2008 10:27 AM by cornishblue.)
Sm-u RE: What position do/did you play in Football
This could be a fun thread.Dance3 Dance3
When i was playing under 11 and 12's i played mostly as fullback mostly the left or wide in midfield, as I got older played more at fullback but on the right.

As I moved into mens football I started to play on the wing even though I was never that pacy, just good on the ball and a good passer so i've been told!!Crazy Crazy

Then somehow I ended up playing the middle of the park, sometimes defensive sometimes attacking, jack of all trades meBangin Bangin
Played alot of sunday football at centre half and full back again.

I did have a couple of games up front and scored but the manager prefered his son upfront to run around like a headless chicken:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Then last year I played a few games at the end of the season again at centre half and a couple of games at fullback.:gigg:

So overall the only position I have never played in is in goalSilly
05-16-2008, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2008 10:27 AM by Tight-Fitting Underpants.)
RE: What position do/did you play in Football
I was always a striker/winger, I'll play up front though. Don't know if I should say this on THIS forum but I got a trial with the RS when I was 16, I was called back but my father wanted me to finish school and go to University, which I did, no regrets though! By the way I WAS pacy and I'm left-footed if that helps.

Religion and the belief in God makes people stupid.
05-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Tight-Fitting Underpants Wrote:I was always a striker/winger, I'll play up front though. Don't know if I should say this on THIS forum but I got a trial with the RS when I was 16, I was called back but my father wanted me to finish school and go to University, which I did, no regrets though! By the way I WAS pacy and I'm left-footed if that helps.
http://eppsnet.com/images/omg-wtf.jpg
TFU IS SHEEDY

http://hostdrjack.com/customcomments/samples/115134.gif
05-16-2008, 10:33 AM
I was a great defender and still am Dance3

http://www.lpa-group.com/images/Defence.jpg
nothing got past me Yellowgrin

05-16-2008, 10:35 AM
COYB, that first link you posted doesn't work.

05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
it works for me

05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm a bit like Jags, can play anywhere but goalkeeper wouldn't be my strongest position. When I was young (about 6) my old man made me stand infront of the wall in our garden and kick the ball with my left foot. After a few years practice I'd no problems kicking with both feet. The first team I played with I was centre back but sometimes would play on either wing. I played for South Dublin as a midfielder but play for the work team as a centre forward.

[Image: yuyuyuyu.gif]
05-16-2008, 10:48 AM
I myself played Goalkeeper from the age of 7 til well into my late 30's. Often mistaken for "The Flying Pig" though myself I thought myself more like "The Cat". Remember saving a tennis ball in the playground just like Banksie did against Pele. Mother murdered me as I split my trousers doing so. The last match I ever played I got injured so , as we had used our subs , went up front and after over 30 years of playing scored a goal ( Have been known to score with an assist long ball a couple of times)
05-16-2008, 10:55 AM
I shed a tear there Bluemints.