Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

Why has no big investor come forward at Everton?
06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Why has no big investor come forward at Everton?
Read Stan Collymore's column every Monday on Mirror.co.uk

Watching Everton's magnificent support at Wembley and David Moyes' excellent side, I was left scratching my head as to why no investor has come in to buy a great English footballing institution.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa and even Portsmouth have been bought by foreign owners in recent years. Why not Everton? Their name is well known around the world and they have a great young manager, plus a squad which can seriously challenge for a Champions League place with a bit more investment.

Moyes will manage a top-four club one day but he has still got a job to finish at Goodison Park and I see him being there for at least another three years. Buying Everton would be a great investment.

Personally I believe its because we arnt for sale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2009, 04:55 PM
RE: Why has no big investor come forward at Everton?
Its a phase. Kenwright knows it. There is 1 title. And 9 foreign owners who want to win it. That means 8 of them wont win it. The investors will get bored after a while. Leave the club like a sinking ship and the club will go into liquidation. Also Bill isnt selling the club. Just looking for someone to put money into it.
06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
(06-01-2009 04:47 PM)EverBlue Wrote:  Read Stan Collymore's column every Monday on Mirror.co.uk

Watching Everton's magnificent support at Wembley and David Moyes' excellent side, I was left scratching my head as to why no investor has come in to buy a great English footballing institution.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa and even Portsmouth have been bought by foreign owners in recent years. Why not Everton? Their name is well known around the world and they have a great young manager, plus a squad which can seriously challenge for a Champions League place with a bit more investment.

Moyes will manage a top-four club one day but he has still got a job to finish at Goodison Park and I see him being there for at least another three years. Buying Everton would be a great investment.

you may have a point Everblue? everton and the board are restricted to the sale of the club until kirkby is finalised one way or another, their was talk that everton had a three year contract with tesco's not to sell or deal with anyone else until it was sorted,don't know if that was true or it still stands but i can't imagine a club doing so well with a great manager can be over looked by some wealthy people, considering citey got a good wealthy owner? pompey have sold their club,so surely their is interest in the wings.

WHEN I'M DEAD AND BURIED I WANT A SKY DISH FIXED TO MY HEADSTONE SO I CAN FOLLOW THE MIGHTY BLUES (EFC)
06-01-2009, 05:17 PM
(06-01-2009 05:11 PM)SEFTON Wrote:  
(06-01-2009 04:47 PM)EverBlue Wrote:  Read Stan Collymore's column every Monday on Mirror.co.uk

you may have a point Everblue? everton and the board are restricted to the sale of the club until kirkby is finalised one way or another, their was talk that everton had a three year contract with tesco's not to sell or deal with anyone else until it was sorted,don't know if that was true or it still stands but i can't imagine a club doing so well with a great manager can be over looked by some wealthy people, considering citey got a good wealthy owner? pompey have sold their club,so surely their is interest in the wings.

evening sefton mate I agree I reckon we arnt for sale until the DK decision is made
06-01-2009, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2009 05:36 PM by SEFTON.)
(06-01-2009 05:17 PM)EverBlue Wrote:  
(06-01-2009 05:11 PM)SEFTON Wrote:  

evening sefton mate I agree I reckon we arnt for sale until the DK decision is made

evening Everblue,

I think big companies or investors are associated to everton only for marketing purposes to show the fans that the club are on the market
its a con to divert away from what the board members at everton really want and that is to make big money on the sale of everton fc after kirkby decision.

WHEN I'M DEAD AND BURIED I WANT A SKY DISH FIXED TO MY HEADSTONE SO I CAN FOLLOW THE MIGHTY BLUES (EFC)
06-01-2009, 07:11 PM
The only conspiracy thery's I believe in are the JFK assasination (deffo CIA) and Area 52 (where they keep the dead aliens)!!!!. I just think noones interested in buying us full stop!!!!

EFC, you are my love, my life, my everything!!!!
06-01-2009, 07:21 PM
(06-01-2009 07:11 PM)cahillwilsaveus Wrote:  The only conspiracy thery's I believe in are the JFK assasination (deffo CIA) and Area 52 (where they keep the dead aliens)!!!!. I just think noones interested in buying us full stop!!!!

Its Area 51 you plank Laughing. Dont you believe in the 9/11 theory or the Titanic one?
06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
(06-01-2009 07:21 PM)C-R-A-I-G Wrote:  
(06-01-2009 07:11 PM)cahillwilsaveus Wrote:  The only conspiracy thery's I believe in are the JFK assasination (deffo CIA) and Area 52 (where they keep the dead aliens)!!!!. I just think noones interested in buying us full stop!!!!

Its Area 51 you plank Laughing. Dont you believe in the 9/11 theory or the Titanic one?

Nhah, the titanic hit an iceberg and I saw 9/11 on the telly so where's the conspiracy?F_doh I also think Elvis lived longer after he died but probably is dead by now !!!!Happy0144

EFC, you are my love, my life, my everything!!!!
06-01-2009, 08:03 PM
economic crisis, and with bill looking for investment as opposed to a sale, he's making it seem like he's looking to do what's best for the club by calling for 'investment' but secretely he knows no ones going to come in in the current climate.

SSig_agreed ??!!
06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
The same question has been raised in a few publications & Talksport etc over the last few days.

All were saying the same thing - if Moyes was given a decent budget, he could make Everton a genuine Top 4 contender - hopefully this kind of publicity, on top of our Cup final appearance & yet another top 6 finish, might spark some real interest.

Kenwright said the other day that there'd been as many as 14 enquiries about us in the last year or so - but none of them firmed up their interest after their initial enquiry.

Assuming this is true, there can only a limited number of reasons for these blanks;

a) The price being asked is way OTT
b) One look at the accounts & they ran a mile
c) They don't believe that there's sufficient growth potential at EFC to justify the investment & further outlay i.e. Stadium solution & player investment & that the sums will never add up.
d) They were given no encouragement whatsoever & more or less told to f*** off
e) They were never serious enquiries in the 1st place

One or more of these must be the case for each enquiry.........

The spotlight is on is now & if d) is the reason for our failure to lure the right new owner, then BK & the board are going to run out of places to hide, as we're big news at the moment - someone WILL throw their hat in the ring IMO - as BK has been quoted in virtually every publication in Britain - that he's eager to ship out, should an investor with bulging pockets appear - I think we'll find out shortly if that is really the truth..........

Personally, I suspect it's a half truth, I'd wager that Earle has no intention of cashing in his chips until the DK annoucement is made - as with a new stadium in place (however unpopular a choice) for only an approx additional debt burden of around £50-55M after land sales & naming rights - his investment looks a much better bet. As does Kenwrights btw - but I don't think he's as driven by the cash in all of this, as someone like Earle - who has no emotional involvment - it's merely business to him.