The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/38/3661738/html/inc/wp-crons.php:58) - Line: 1669 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.6.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1669 header
/inc/functions.php 1737 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 576 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/38/3661738/html/inc/wp-crons.php:58) - Line: 1669 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.6.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_indicators.php 154 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read

The following warnings occurred:
File Line Function
/inc/functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions_indicators.php 154 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read

Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

American or Brit TV?
03-30-2009, 10:59 PM
RE: American or Brit TV?
(03-30-2009 10:59 PM)cahillwilsaveus Wrote:  
(03-30-2009 10:51 PM)MichaelCorleone Wrote:  Having been to America on a number of occasions I've found the vast majority of their TV is banal.

However they do contempory drama much better than we do. The Wire & The Soprano's are without doubt the two best TV programmes I have ever seen. Nothing made over here in the last 20 years can touch either of them. Red Riding on Chanel 4 recently was very good, but in the main we rely on costume drama and unfunny comedy in terms of our TV output.

The BBC has a massive budget, but they do seem to churn out brainless shite with alarming regularity

Agreed 1000%%!!!! We used to be good, we're just average (with some exceptions) nowadays!!!!

P.S. OFAH is fckn cockney shite at it's worse!!! Fckn eastenders is funnier!!!!!F_doh

CWSU CHAT sh*t MUCH?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2009, 11:03 PM
(03-30-2009 10:59 PM)EverBlue Wrote:  
(03-30-2009 10:51 PM)MichaelCorleone Wrote:  Having been to America on a number of occasions I've found the vast majority of their TV is banal.

However they do contempory drama much better than we do. The Wire & The Soprano's are without doubt the two best TV programmes I have ever seen. Nothing made over here in the last 20 years can touch either of them. Red Riding on Chanel 4 recently was very good, but in the main we rely on costume drama and unfunny comedy in terms of our TV output.

The BBC has a massive budget, but they do seem to churn out brainless shite with alarming regularity

Agreed 1000%%!!!! We used to be good, we're just average (with some exceptions) nowadays!!!!

P.S. OFAH is fckn cockney shite at it's worse!!! Fckn eastenders is funnier!!!!!F_doh

CWSU CHAT sh*t MUCH?

How come yor reps so high? Are you payin people to vote for you?F_doh

EFC, you are my love, my life, my everything!!!!
03-30-2009, 11:08 PM
(03-30-2009 11:03 PM)cahillwilsaveus Wrote:  
(03-30-2009 10:59 PM)EverBlue Wrote:  

CWSU CHAT sh*t MUCH?

How come yor reps so high? Are you payin people to vote for you?F_doh

how comes you chat sh*t?
03-31-2009, 07:16 AM
i can honestly say i never watch bbc unless there's a match on, its f***ing wank!! itv aint much better. channel 4 is the only channel i'd give the time of day to but i dont watch much tv so it doesnt bother me that much. although in sayin that, OFAH was/is a legend of a show.
03-31-2009, 07:44 AM
You want to see sh*t TV then Turkish TV is high up the list.

I’d agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.
Its nice to be home.
03-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Family Guy is funny! Better than the Simpsons! I do like the Simpsons as well though!
America's Dad is funny as well, but the makers of Family Guy make it so there are a few similaritys!

Only Fools and Horses is cracking! All the old British comedies are great, but some of these new ones are just pathetic!! No-one dares take a risk with there jokes/sketches anymore........as it my be offencive to all the different religions and sh*t we now have in this place on earth we call England!!

Went there and back again to see how far it was!
03-31-2009, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2009 04:13 PM by Yalides.)
Yeh, got to be careful not to upset the sad PC pricks in the world,

Its nice to be home.
03-31-2009, 10:36 PM
(03-31-2009 04:12 PM)Yalides Wrote:  Yeh, got to be careful not to upset the sad PC pricks in the world,
SSig_agreedSSig_agreed
03-31-2009, 10:43 PM
(03-31-2009 04:12 PM)Yalides Wrote:  Yeh, got to be careful not to upset the sad PC pricks in the world,

SSig_agreed
04-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Or those who look different from us.....

Its nice to be home.