The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/38/3661738/html/inc/wp-crons.php:58) - Line: 1669 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.6.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1669 header
/inc/functions.php 1737 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 576 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/38/3661738/html/inc/wp-crons.php:58) - Line: 1669 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.6.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_indicators.php 154 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read

The following warnings occurred:
File Line Function
/inc/functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions_indicators.php 154 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read

Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

American or Brit TV?
03-30-2009, 08:19 PM
RE: American or Brit TV?
(03-30-2009 08:13 PM)EverBlue Wrote:  the only 2 good American programmes are Two and a Half Men and The Simpsons, apart from that there all shite

Give me Only Fools and Horses any day of the week Smile

Sign of a class programme when you can watch the episodes a lot of times and they are still funny.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Simpsons is shite.

I’d agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.
Its nice to be home.
03-30-2009, 08:30 PM
the simpsons is amazing
south park is shite that fat bastards voice really goes through me
03-30-2009, 08:32 PM
The Brits do the best comedy without doubt, from Charlie Chaplin, Monty Python and now the likes of Mitchell and Webb we've always lead the way in comedy in my opinion. It's drama we've fallen behind in, when it comes to crime drama we have pompous crap and they have action filled blockbusters.

Even British movies are making a come back, would you rather have Benamin Button or Slumdog, Shaun Of The Dead or Scary Movie 3/4/5 or however many of those sh*t movies they've made.
03-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Blackadder is also British and a work of art for me, really funny.
03-30-2009, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2009 08:37 PM by Yalides.)
(03-30-2009 08:32 PM)school_of_science Wrote:  The Brits do the best comedy without doubt, from Charlie Chaplin, Monty Python and now the likes of Mitchell and Webb we've always lead the way in comedy in my opinion. It's drama we've fallen behind in, when it comes to crime drama we have pompous crap and they have action filled blockbusters.

Even British movies are making a come back, would you rather have Benamin Button or Slumdog, Shaun Of The Dead or Scary Movie 3/4/5 or however many of those sh*t movies they've made.

Shaun of the dead, great film.
(03-30-2009 08:34 PM)The Class of a Jag Wrote:  Blackadder is also British and a work of art for me, really funny.

SSig_agreed

I’d agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.
Its nice to be home.
03-30-2009, 09:27 PM
(03-30-2009 08:32 PM)school_of_science Wrote:  The Brits do the best comedy without doubt, from Charlie Chaplin, Monty Python and now the likes of Mitchell and Webb we've always lead the way in comedy in my opinion. It's drama we've fallen behind in, when it comes to crime drama we have pompous crap and they have action filled blockbusters.

SSig_agreed F_laugh

I poisoned spurs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2009, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2009 10:25 PM by efcjp.)
(03-30-2009 06:54 PM)school_of_science Wrote:  South Park is immense, not just swearing and taboo, but the best satire I've seen in years whilst also being plain silly.

There are some great British comedies, Gavin and Stacey, Not Going Out, The Inbetweeners, Peep Show etc. In fact if you keep away from BBC3 (bar Gavin & Stacey) you're OK.

The yanks out do us on the big dramatic shows, except Morse of course, sitting around drinking tea, someone dies, drink more tea, murder solved, drink more tea, Morse dies, Lewis has a little cry over a cup of tea, GENIUS!
Fukin Morse Doh:so:Im Glad i Dont Watch TV
(03-30-2009 08:30 PM)EverBlue Wrote:  the simpsons is amazing
south park is shite that fat bastards voice really goes through me
Which Way WhistleWhistle
03-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Having been to America on a number of occasions I've found the vast majority of their TV is banal.

However they do contempory drama much better than we do. The Wire & The Soprano's are without doubt the two best TV programmes I have ever seen. Nothing made over here in the last 20 years can touch either of them. Red Riding on Chanel 4 recently was very good, but in the main we rely on costume drama and unfunny comedy in terms of our TV output.

The BBC has a massive budget, but they do seem to churn out brainless shite with alarming regularity.

NSNO - No Sale, No Optimism
03-30-2009, 10:59 PM
(03-30-2009 10:51 PM)MichaelCorleone Wrote:  Having been to America on a number of occasions I've found the vast majority of their TV is banal.

However they do contempory drama much better than we do. The Wire & The Soprano's are without doubt the two best TV programmes I have ever seen. Nothing made over here in the last 20 years can touch either of them. Red Riding on Chanel 4 recently was very good, but in the main we rely on costume drama and unfunny comedy in terms of our TV output.

The BBC has a massive budget, but they do seem to churn out brainless shite with alarming regularity

Agreed 1000%%!!!! We used to be good, we're just average (with some exceptions) nowadays!!!!

P.S. OFAH is fckn cockney shite at it's worse!!! Fckn eastenders is funnier!!!!!F_doh

EFC, you are my love, my life, my everything!!!!