Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

End of season thoughts
05-29-2015, 11:55 PM
End of season thoughts
Now that the dust has settled on another league campaign, where do Everton go from here? I'm pretty sure we'd all agree it was a shite season, best forgot ASAP!

Do you think Martinez is the right man for the job or should we get rid ASAP? Who would be you replacement?

What players should we sell and what areas do we need to strengthen?

What are your realistic hopes for next season given we have fallen behind the likes of Seansea and Southampton this year?

For me, Martinez has to go. Other teams have cottoned on to our game style and we have no viable plan B under Martinez. He's not the man to take us forward but I'm not sure who we would get to replace him at this stage. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Moyes back at Everton in the next 5 years if Kenwright is still around.

We need a decent backup centre half now that Distin has gone and with Mirallas looking like he's leaving, we need a couple of wingers. I wouldn't mind seeing us replace Howard but that isn't going to happen.

Next season, I'm hoping for a decent league position, minimum of 7th and hopefully a good cup run or even win one of the bloody things!

Would be interested to hear what others think, if yous are still around?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: End of season thoughts
Give Martinez until Christmas. Got to get rid of the hangers-on though.

See who he buys (If he's still after cleverly he can f*** rarr off)

If we're more than 12pts off the top of the league, or outside the top 7 by Christmas then get shut.

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/
06-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Martinez has to stay. We can't just give up after one poor season, give him this year to prove himself and if things go badly wrong again then get rid.

Martinez has already said he wants 4 players. Cleverley is one, he also wants a centre back, a winger and a number 10.

Personally I'd sell mirallas, I've got no issue with his public comments but it's pretty clear he won't be signing a new deal and he's too inconsistent so just get rid now.

Use that money to sign Deulofeu who is clearly surplus to requirements at Barca and desperate to come back here, he's inconsistent too but he's got age on his side and actually wants to be here

That leaves probably about 10-15m which I'd spend on Lennon and a centre back. I'd quite like Kjaer but I fear it will be Jonny Evans who is a decent player but not really the calibre or age we need to eventually replace Jagielka.

Would like to see us line up like this next year:

Howard (got to accept we're not going to sell him)
Coleman Stones Jags Baines
McCarthy Cleverley
Lennon Barkley Deulofeu
Lukaku

[Image: duncan-1.png]
"Stay at this club as long as you can because there is only one way after leaving this club, and that is down."
06-10-2015, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 09:15 PM by The Class of a Jag.)
(05-29-2015 11:55 PM)1878evertonian Wrote:  Now that the dust has settled on another league campaign, where do Everton go from here? I'm pretty sure we'd all agree it was a shite season, best forgot ASAP!

Do you think Martinez is the right man for the job or should we get rid ASAP? Who would be you replacement?

What players should we sell and what areas do we need to strengthen?

What are your realistic hopes for next season given we have fallen behind the likes of Seansea and Southampton this year?

For me, Martinez has to go. Other teams have cottoned on to our game style and we have no viable plan B under Martinez. He's not the man to take us forward but I'm not sure who we would get to replace him at this stage. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Moyes back at Everton in the next 5 years if Kenwright is still around.

We need a decent backup centre half now that Distin has gone and with Mirallas looking like he's leaving, we need a couple of wingers. I wouldn't mind seeing us replace Howard but that isn't going to happen.

Next season, I'm hoping for a decent league position, minimum of 7th and hopefully a good cup run or even win one of the bloody things!

Would be interested to hear what others think, if yous are still around?

Interesting thread Damo, not bad for you Tongue

Next season has NO excuses, we aren't in the Europa League, there should a decent amount of money to spend this summer with the new TV deal and he has some very decent players to work with in the first place. I would give him until Christmas and if we show no signs of improvement and if we don't look like mounting at least a decent top 6 challenge then he should be out end of.

I think we have a really good young spine in Stones, McCarthy & Lukaku, along with Shea and POSSIBLY Barkley if he ever steps up to all the hype.

We need to add depth to the centre half position, although its not probably not easy to find good players who probably know they are going to be 2nd fiddle to Stones and Jags and in the same breath we also need a serious competitor(s) to Lukaku, as Kone is just poor. Lukaku does have potential to be world class but hes not there yet and you cant rely on him for a whole season to be the main man.

I really hope to sign Lennon and keep Mirralas but only if hes prepared to sign a new contract and commit himself to us, because on his day he can be top class, if we could add Delefou (can never spell his name F_doh) on loan I think we would be sorted for wingers.

I have to say our early transfer dealings don't fill me with confidence, we don't seem to be able tie Garbutt down to a new contract which is a massive shame and at the same time we are getting average squad filler shyte like Cleverley, we would have better off giving the likes of Ryan Ledson a go in the 1st team Squad then get Cleverley.

We need to find a decent partner/foil for McCarthy in a playmaker mould, and answers of Cleverley is that the player will be treated with the contempt it deserves BanginLaughing

Its hard to give predictions until the transfer window is shut at the end of August and we know what squad we will have, but I cant say Im that enthusiastic at the moment.
06-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Laughing cheeky tw*t! Good to see you've crawled out of that hole you've been hiding in since I smashed you at the FF Tongue

Anyone think we should sell Barkley? Only for a decent fee of course, £25M+ and I'd get rid then use the money to get a few quality players in.
06-11-2015, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 10:12 PM by The Class of a Jag.)
I took my eye off the ball, wont happen next season ;)

If we got 30m+ for Barkley I would sell, interestingly City have just had a bid turned from the Shyte for Stirling to the tune of £30m, apparently the shyte value Sterling at 50million LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing