Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

Summer Transfer Thread
07-21-2015, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 10:14 PM by 1878evertonian.)
RE: Summer Transfer Thread
Bamford?? Eh? Lol
Oh you mean the lad that just signed for Palace from Cheksea, I'd never heard of him til I just read about his move
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2015, 08:51 AM
I did post about the player before he signed for Palace Damo Thumb

He did really well at Boro on loan from Chelsea last season.

He would have much better back up to Lukaku then fecking Kone imo.

This pre-season is so sh*t to be an Everton fan Crying
07-22-2015, 11:02 AM
All good mate, i just didn't know who you were talking about.

Every pre-season is sh*t, not just this one. The only good thing about Bobby is that he gets some of his targets in early, unlike dithering Dave.
07-22-2015, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015 11:26 AM by The Class of a Jag.)
That's a fair point, but Moyes' signings generally worked fairly well, whereas as you said earlier only really McCarthy has worked out that well for Martinez

Ever since we signed Delefeou, the only stories ive heard is of our top players being targeted by other clubs and nothing coming in.

I think it makes it worse that the shyte are getting so many attacking players.

We are still well short squad wise and parts of the 1st team.

Last summer at least we had the Lukaku signing to look forward to.

Just emphasises the have's and the have not's doesn't it?

I would say even Palace have done better than us so far with Cabaye and Bamford coming into them.
07-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Yeah I did think about Moyes signings doing well as I was writing that, maybe he had the right idea after all.

Agreed on Palace, and you could also say that Newcastle have also done better business than us. Still surprised Palace got Cabaye though!!!
07-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Yeah Pardew must have info on Cabaye Smile bit of a come down from PSG to Palace!!
07-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Being linked with Van Dijk at Celtic, 10M seems a bit steep although I don't know much about him.

Everton are reported to be willing to spend up to £10million on Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk.

Roberto Martinez refused to comment specifically on the rumours when speaking to the national press on Saturday, but insists centre-back is a position that he is looking to address.

The Blues boss is quoted in the Daily Mail as saying: "Two experienced centre-halves left the squad, so we need to fill those gaps.

"I'm still assessing two of the young players we've got in the squad, but maybe we need another new face at centre-half."

From those quotes, the Liverpool Echo believe Brendan Galloway will be staying at Goodison Park this season as opposed to being loaned out.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror and the Independent both claim Chelsea are preparing a second bid for John Stones.

The two newspapers suggest an offer of £26million is to be tabled, but also that the Toffees are not interested in selling the England international.
08-07-2015, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2015 11:44 PM by 1878evertonian.)
Manager Roberto Martinez is seeking to recruit Shaqiri on loan, with a view to a permanent deal, with the Inter Milan star having rejected Stoke City earlier this summer.

Shaqiri, 23, can leave Inter despite only joining them in January and would solve Martinez’s search for a No10.

Stoke pulled out of a £12m deal for Shaqiri a month ago after he dragged his heels over their interest and failed respond to a deadline imposed by the club.

He is the sort of signing who would excite Everton fans, who have seen Tom Cleverley and Gerard Deulofeu as the only new recruits before the Premier League opener with Watford.

It comes as River Plate centre-back Miro emerged as the defender Everton want to strengthen their defence.

Xherdan Shaqiri
Digsby
IM, Email, and Social Networks in one easy to use application!
http://digsby.com
GETTY
Xherdan Shaqiri could move to Everton on loan
Left-footed Miro, 24, scored a goal in River Plate’s Copa Libertadores Final win over Tigres this week and negotiations to seal a deal will now continue. He is 6ft 1in and has one cap for the Argentina national team.

Martinez has wanted another centre-back since releasing Sylvain Distin and Antolin Alcaraz at the end of last season and interest is independent of Chelsea’s pursuit of John Stones.

Stones is expected to face Watford following an ankle injury, but Chelsea will return next week with a bid of £30m in an attempt to see if that entices Everton to the negotiating table.

Jose Mourinho’s champions have had bids of £20m and £26m already rejected.

This was from the journo Paul Joyce who is normally pretty reliable when it comes to Everton so there's probably some truth in it
08-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Not too fussed on Shaquiri. Don't think he'd cut in in our league. Thought he was older as well.

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/