Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

Summer Transfer Thread
07-19-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Summer Transfer Thread
(07-19-2015 12:49 PM)1878evertonian Wrote:  Hard to argue with any of that but if Luke Shaw was worth 30M then surely Stones is in the same price bracket?

I worry who Martinez would replace him with, i don't trust him with anything to do with our defence.

Oh yeah I rate Stones in the mid 30 millions imo, but nowhere near Sterling's value is all I mean.

Totally agree about Martnez and our defence very worrying Crying

Its all very depressing transfer wise at the mo with the shyte signing strikers left right and centre and were left with Lukaku and Kone Crying
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2015, 10:17 AM
I can't help but think, all that hard work to become best of the rest and maybe even challenging the top 4 at one stage, has just gone now. Don't think we can compete with many clubs in the transfer market. And I know the game against Arsenal was only early pre season and results don't really matter that much, but there seemed to be quite a clear difference in class between the two teams. I really do worry about us under Martinez. Teams that we should be aiming to be above are doing better business than us, West Ham, Swansea even Palace and Newcastle.
Hopefully I'm wrong and we pull a few signings out the bag in the next month and we start the season strong but I'm not exactly feeling optomistic at the moment.
07-20-2015, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2015 10:41 AM by 1878evertonian.)
Agreed mate. We've been going backwards under Martinez despite our first season under him which was essentially Moyes' team with a few extra players. Now that Bobby has had a bit more time to put his stamp on things, we're seeing all that progress under Moyes go to sh*t.

Martinez' signings have been sh*t, with the exception of McCarthy and possibly Lukaku but with his price tag, you'd probably expect more to be honest.
Martinez' permanent signings and ratings out of 10

Robles 4
Barry 5
McCarthy 9
McGeady 4
Kone 3
Lukaku 7
Alcaraz 3
Besic 5

Gerry and Cleverly are new so it's too early to judge them
07-20-2015, 11:29 AM
I think you might be being overly harsh on some of those signings.
Barry was pretty good first season, his decline has been his age. Although I guess we probably should never have signed him permanently.
Kone has probably more been to do with injuries and lack of opportunities.
Besic, I think has been a bit better than 5 and I think he has the potential to be much better.
All in all though it doesn't look good does it.
Think we need another 3 decent signings to really to make me feel better about the up coming season. 1 CB and 1 CF at the very least.
07-20-2015, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2015 01:06 PM by 1878evertonian.)
Agreed with Barry but I was only judging the signings when they were permanent and in Barry's first season, he was still on loan. He's been poor since he signed permanently. Besic could still come good but Martinez prefers Barry ahead of him so I don't see him getting much game time unless Barry gets injured.
Kone's just no good.
07-20-2015, 04:54 PM
No way Barry should be starting anymore, I'm fine with him being back up and in the squad for experience etc.
Kone did show glimpses of being good at Wigan, to be honest though, I don't really want to see him get an extended run in order to prove himself.
Really need Lukaku and Barkley to hit form this season.
07-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Paul Joyce, who is normally very accurate when it comes to Merseyside teams, is reporting that Chelsea will increase their bid to 34M! I'd be tempted with that sort of money but I wouldn't trust Bobby to invest it wisely
07-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Its got to be £30M minimum. Maybe look at getting one of their players in part exchange? Remy?
07-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Not a bad shout on remy, he'll be third choice but Mourinho will want 3 strikers I'd imagine.
07-21-2015, 05:03 PM
Bamford then??