Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

Summer Transfer Thread
04-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Summer Transfer Thread
So with our season all but over and nothing left to play for, I thought we could get this going nice and early. Who do we want to bring in? What areas do we need to streghthen? Which dead wood needs removing?

The two names that are screaming out to me are Charlie Austin and Danny Ings. Both likely to get relegated and shouldn't be a huge amount of money especially for Ings as his contract runs out this summer, although that will mean he can pretty much go wherever he wants. Think he would be wiser to come to someone like us though, where he would get more game time.

Aside from that another big talking point is Aaron Lennon. Do we want to keep him permanently?

And if we do does that mean Mirallas going the other way?

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Summer Transfer Thread
First up the following need to go:
Howard (£5m to the MLS)
Distin (free)
Alcaraz (free)
Kone (whatever we can get)
Atsu
And if Mirallas won't sign a new deal we need to get whatever we can for him too

Lennon is a must buy, I'd say we need another winger, a striker or 2 and 2 centre-backs.
Austin or Ings would be ideal back up for Rom, I'd also like to see us go for Lille's Simon Kjaer at the back

[Image: duncan-1.png]
"Stay at this club as long as you can because there is only one way after leaving this club, and that is down."
04-27-2015, 10:08 PM
In terms of strengthening the first 11, we need 2 wingers, Lennon can be one of them and we need a replacement for Mirallas who I expect to leave. A backup centre half is a must as is a better back up striker, get rid of Kone.

Others I'd like to see leave or have less game time next season:
Barry
Alcatraz
Phil Neville Whistle
04-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Need to get rid of:

Alcaraz
Distin
Barry
Osman
Kone

Need to sign Lennon, another winger even if Mirralas stays, 2 if he goes, 2 good centre halves to keep Jags and Stones on their toes, 1 quality DM to play with McCArthy and 2 back up strikers
04-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Not sure we should be looking to replace Howard but maybe giving him competition or at least keep him as back up if we buy a new first choice gk.
04-27-2015, 11:01 PM
I'd be happy enough for us to replace Howard, he was very dodgy for a prolonged period this season. Not sure who we'd get as his replacement though.
04-30-2015, 12:14 PM
(04-27-2015 10:08 PM)1878evertonian Wrote:  In terms of strengthening the first 11, we need 2 wingers, Lennon can be one of them and we need a replacement for Mirallas who I expect to leave. A backup centre half is a must as is a better back up striker, get rid of Kone.

Others I'd like to see leave or have less game time next season:
Barry
Alcatraz
Phil Neville Whistle

TBH, I'd be loath to give the Belg to spurts so we can have Lennon. Hopefully we can have both next season by gettin' shut of mcgeady to celtic for a few mil which'll help pay for Aaron.

osman mcgeady alcaraz pienaar barry & howard all need gone. There's a few nicker in wages saved.

Garbutt's the one that concerns me. Haven't heard owt about him signing? We need to keep him - All this bollocks about shaw? Phooey! They've got the wrong Luke. Garbutt pisses all over him.

Dunno who I'd bring in right now, but I seen double-digit millions for bolasie t'other day. He's good, but NOWHERE NEAR £10m+

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/
04-30-2015, 12:26 PM
We were linked with Bolasie around the £15M mark, quite steep!

Martinez said today that Garbutts contract isn't a big issue at the moment.....errrr it probably is Bobby!!
04-30-2015, 12:35 PM
(04-30-2015 12:26 PM)1878evertonian Wrote:  We were linked with Bolasie around the £15M mark, quite steep!

Martinez said today that Garbutts contract isn't a big issue at the moment.....errrr it probably is Bobby!!

Steep?

It's fookin vertical!!! He's nowhere near a £15m player. 40% of that, tops.

I'd like to know more as to what the delay is RE: Garbutt. That lad's another nailed-on £25m+ player in 3 years. Would also like to see him play for the remainder, too. If it means dropping resting Baines then so be it imo.

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/
04-30-2015, 12:38 PM
It's worrying that he hasn't signed by now, if he was going to stay then you'd think a new contract would of been agreed and signed by now. He'll end up leaving on a free