Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum

Everton VS Villa 26-10-13 Match Thread
10-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Evertonicon Everton VS Villa 26-10-13 Match Thread
Everton VS Aston Villa Match Thread 26-10-13
Venue: Villa Park
Final Score: 2-0
Scorers: Lukaku, Osman

Last Match: 2-1 victory over Hull City (Miralles, Pienaar)
http://followeverton.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13924

Match Facts: This is the most played fixture in English league football
Last season's victory at Villa Park was our first league win against Villa in over five years

Team News: Gibson out for forseeable future, otherwise, a full squad to choose from.

Lawrenson prediction: 1-1
Roberto Martinez has done a really good job at Everton since taking over in the summer. I hear from inside the camp that they are impressed by the way he coaches - that the sessions he puts on are very good. After leaving Wigan, Martinez has gone to a bigger club and inherited better players collectively and individually, and he is keeping them at the level they were at. His transfer dealings, in and out, have been excellent too. Aston Villa gave it a good go against Tottenham last weekend and Christian Benteke made a difference for them when he came on in the second half after his injury. A lot depends on whether Benteke is fit enough to start on Saturday but, if he does play a significant part of the match, then my feeling is this one will be very close.

My Prediction: 2-2 draw
A return to the days of a few years back when Everton Villa games were great for the neutral, perhaps not so for the fans concerned. Villa are very quick and organised on the attack, and our defence has not fared so well under scrutiny in recent weeks, so I think we'll leak a few in this game. Villa's counter-attack will be their key to a game we should dominate again in posession. Our goals could be a bit more scrappy than usual, a Baines set-piece and one from the feet of the batter ram that is Lukaku.

"During my time at Everton, Goodison Park came to feel like a second home, with the supporters of the club, and the people of the city becoming a second family to me. If you were to take Everton out of the City, I firmly believe the club could no longer call itself the ‘People’s Club’ and I give my whole-hearted support to the campaign to keep Everton in the City" - Duncan Ferguson
"My aim is to be an academy coach at Everton." - Joe Parkinson

Like what you see? Support the site: http://www.followeverton.com/donate.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2013, 09:14 AM
RE: Everton VS Villa 26-10-13 Match Thread
Benteke's back and will probably start for them which will be interesting to see him and Lakaku in opposing teams (what a strike force Belgium have)

We'll do well to get a win here but it's the sort of game we should be winning if we are serious about finishing top 4. In saying that, I think we'll win by a goal

Howard
Coleman jags distin Baines
Miralles mc carthy Barry pienaar
Barkley
Lakaku
Find all posts by this user
10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Despite our results, Im still not convinced by our performances as yet. Villa have beaten City at home and gave Spurs a good run for their money last weekend.

Ill go for a 1-1.

But agree with 1878 that its the type of game that is a must win if top 4 is going to be achieved.
10-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Al go with the same team as 1878
Am edging a 2 1 win for the trickie blues

Baines and pienaar

COYB

SCOUSE BY BIRTH, ENGLISH BY LAW, EVERTONIAN BY THE GRACE OF GOD
10-24-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm a bit worried about this game. I think it will be tricky. We have got decent results and are playing good football so far and we are still in 7th and just about keeping up with our rivals. Any points dropped here will see a gap start to form between us and the top 6.
At least we have a nice gap already between us and United!
10-24-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for this one. As others have said this is probably the first bell weather game to tell us where we'll finish this season.

We've had other tests but this is different. A hard game away which we need to win.

At least we have our first team available and I think we'll be better in possession with Pienaar back and hopefully it will also allow Baines to get back on form because apart from his dead balls he's been a bit anonymous.
10-24-2013, 06:45 PM
I can not work Villa out, some weeks they look a really good side, others they look shite. I'll sit on the fence and say a draw

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

[Image: duncan-1.png]
"Stay at this club as long as you can because there is only one way after leaving this club, and that is down."
10-25-2013, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 02:55 PM by Mein blut ist blau.)
(10-24-2013 06:45 PM)OJL Wrote:  I can not work Villa out, some weeks they look a really good side, others they look shite. I'll sit on the fence and say a draw

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Yep. SSig_agreed Depends which villa turns up. Very 'schizophrenic' side.

Their main threats'll be benteke & agbonlahor & that's it. Weimann looks half-decent, but rarely starts.

Snuff them out (If you can snuff out the threat from benteke) and there's half the battle won.

Think we'll nick it 0-1. (15/2, L) If not, we'll win by 1 goal (3/1, L) But we'll win (13/10, H)

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/
10-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Pienaar starts in place of ossie, otherwise same team as last week
10-26-2013, 02:16 PM
(10-26-2013 02:12 PM)1878evertonian Wrote:  Pienaar starts in place of ossie, otherwise same team as last week

Good.

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/