Latest News RSS News Feed Reports Previews Fan Articles Current Squad Rumours and Gossip
About Us Contact Us The Team Advertise Donate
Forum Index Main Forum The Lounge Calendar Member List Help Docs Login Join Forum






Poll: Everton V Newcastle prediction
This poll is closed.
Comfortable victory (2/+ goals) 0% 0 0%
Marginal victory (1 goal) 7.14% 1 7.14%
Draw 35.71% 5 35.71%
Marginal defeat (1 goal) 35.71% 5 35.71%
Heavy defeat (2/+ goals) 21.43% 3 21.43%
Total 14 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Post Reply 
Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
03-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Post: #1
Evertonicon Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
Everton V Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
Venue: St James' Park
Final Score: 2-1
Scorers: Osman, Jagielka

Team: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Osman, Neville, Rodwell, Arteta, Beckford, Saha
Bench: Mucha, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Coleman, Anichebe, Duffy, Baxter

links (click)
EvertonFC report (EFC OS)
BBC match report
EPL report
Player Ratings
This is a massive game (FFE)


Corresponding fixture: 0-1 defeat
Last match (cup): 0-1 defeat by Reading
Last Match (league): 2-0 victory over Sunderland (Beckford 2)


Team News: Cahill & Felliani out.
Team last match (prem): Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Fellaini, Osman, Beckford, Saha.
Subs: Mucha, Hibbert, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill, Rodwell, Baxter.

Opposition News: Ireland, Barton & Ameobi are doubts. Gosling, Alan Smith & Ben Arfa are out. Ryan Taylor is suspended.

Form: Everton - Win / Loss / Win / Loss / Draw / = 7 pts from 15
Newcastle - Draw / Win / Draw / Draw / Loss = 6 pts from 15
(league games only)
Position: Newcastle are 9th in the league on 36 points, 2 places above Everton on 33. Everton have a -1 goal difference conmpared to Newcastle's +4. Everton have a game in hand.

FFE prediction: vote above

Lawrensen prediction: 2-1 defeat
Nothing has changed with Everton in the last few months in that they are a decent side right up until they reach the opposing penalty area. It has been a strange season for them and you cannot help thinking what their manager David Moyes makes about the general situation at the club, and the lack of money he has had to spend to try to rectify their problems. I know they were without injured pair Marouane Fellaini and Tim Cahill when they crashed out of the FA Cup on Tuesday but I still expected them to beat Reading at home, especially after they had knocked out the holders Chelsea on penalties to get there and easily despatched Sunderland in the meantime. You just cannot be sure what you are going to get from Everton, while Newcastle are far more consistent. The Magpies keep picking up points and have lost only once in the league this year. I cannot see Everton getting anything at St James' Park.

From Accuscore: 2-1 defeat: There is a 26% chance of a draw. In simulations where the game is not a draw Newcastle United, at 54.1%, are heavy favorites to beat Everton who have a 19.9% chance. In simulation wins, Everton upsets Newcastle United by averaging 11.9 shots and 4.3 shots on goal. They average 2.1 goals in simulated victories vs just 0.5 in simulation losses. Overall, the average simulation score is Newcastle United 1.7 to Everton 1.

My prediction: 1-1
After the killing in the cup and some key injuries, the side needs a shake-up. We dont have the depth to play with 2 up top now, but it should open the ways from some of the outsiders to come in and prove themselves...gueye...GUEYE!

"During my time at Everton, Goodison Park came to feel like a second home, with the supporters of the club, and the people of the city becoming a second family to me. If you were to take Everton out of the City, I firmly believe the club could no longer call itself the ‘People’s Club’ and I give my whole-hearted support to the campaign to keep Everton in the City" - Duncan Ferguson
"My aim is to be an academy coach at Everton." - Joe Parkinson

Like what you see? Support the site: http://www.followeverton.com/donate.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Post: #2
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
I think we will get smashed. just not playing well at the moment.

“Okay you c**ts. Lets see what you can do now.” HIT GIRL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Post: #3
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
Making the long trip up for this, expecting a reaction from Tuesday
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Post: #4
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
(03-04-2011 12:53 PM)OJL Wrote:  Making the long trip up for this, expecting a reaction from Tuesday

well done mateHappy0144 have a good trip , enjoy your 26 flights of stairs to the away section . have a good day, ste efc is also going . i have threw my hand in to be honest . lets hope the team give our fans the win they deserve

SCOUSE BY BIRTH, ENGLISH BY LAW, EVERTONIAN BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Post: #5
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
I wouldn't be surprised either way if we lost or drawn - Newcastle are no mugs, on paper; Nolan, Barton, Tiote, they are a above average side, however lost Carrol.

I still think we will get a reaction and thus win, depending on how the tactics and team are set out - Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Rodwell, Arteta, Osman (tired), Saha, Beckford

Big performance from Arteta needed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Post: #6
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
How's Osman tired? He hasn't played that often.

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Post: #7
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
(03-04-2011 08:09 PM)Mein blut ist blau Wrote:  How's Osman tired? He hasn't played that often.

He lacked energy and looked tired against Reading.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 08:14 PM by Mein blut ist blau.)
Post: #8
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
(03-04-2011 08:09 PM)Ryan Wrote:  
(03-04-2011 08:09 PM)Mein blut ist blau Wrote:  How's Osman tired? He hasn't played that often.

He lacked energy and looked tired against Reading.

SSig_agreed And yet he's the only one what had a real go in that game.......doesn't say much for the rest of them Sad

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Post: #9
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
We need more balls into the box from Coleman and Osman/Billy.

Width is to score goals, and we need to get players and the ball into the box, and run with the ball. Do a job on Newcastle defensively.

Osman best not start behind the striker, he hasn't scored in 30+ games.

Fellaini is a huge miss for this game, we need to dominate central midfield because they have some strong players there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 08:26 PM by Mein blut ist blau.)
Post: #10
RE: Everton VS Newcastle United Match Thread 5-3-11
Coleman carries the ball into the box. Baines pings them in. Arteta doesn't beat the first man,and don't get me started on neville's high hanging floated efforts ffs.

moyes has had 9 YEARS to sort out the wide positions,and still plays fullbacks as wingers. Not only that,but nobody who's played as a winger for us (under moyes) has ever ran down the line and crossed from near the corner flag,it's all about cutting inside when near the 18yd box.

If that's the way he wants them to play,then why doesn't he narrow the pitch by a few yards,and stop the opposition from using their widemen?

rat kopite -> [Image: violent-smiley-099.gif] <-Me

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/01/th...uncan.html

VOTE CLASS WAR!! http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/...th-2014-2/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump: